Wednesday, February 09, 2005

close encounters with aging

there was once a time when i used to religiously maintain my website. right through my engineering days it was the apple of my eye - for obvious reasons! duh! not that the admiration has wilted over time, it certainly has maintained its level. somewhere towards the end of the course where i had to move out of home to a land less connected, i lost touch with the site. regained it during the hiatus 'tween quitting the job & getting into my post-grad. brought it to a respectable level of finesse in web designing prevalent at that time. lost touch again when course started and have been alienated ever since.

cutting a long story short, i am trying to aggregate the changes that have taken place in a span of two years. web design & graphics are mere examples of how things that were once second nature have now become so distant and different just 'cos it wasnt under your scanner for a wink. for years i strived to provide the best presentation platform to my thoughts and ideas on the website. html was the 'in' thing - juggling with it was even cooler! then came javascript, i said i gotta have it on my site! ditto for style sheets! shift focus to other 'important' things in life... web-gyan takes a backstage and getting that degree is under spotlight. rest is history. shift focus back to the website... now php, asp, jsp and all other tlas (three letter acronyms) have come in. makes me wonder when or where did i ever miss the bus? i was good at this man! there was a time when i could work magic with my skills in web designing! jaane kahan gaye woh din....

new kids on the block will tell me i'm too old for this now. look at those wrinkles! no, not on your face birdbrain... look at the site! whoever puts up sites like those today! have i actually grown too old for this? or putting my time elsewhere just another way of looking at things?

i am a novice in my line of work. yet to draw first blood, but have been commended for being good at what i do. all said and done, i am still learning. supposed to be the young bright sparks carrying expectations of a lot many people. wait a minute here.... but i was tagged a veteran elsewhere and a young spark here. interesting aint it!?

is this metamorphosis? or evoloution? death of one ability giving rise to another? it just breaks the jigsaw puzzle into smaller pieces.

1 comment:

  1. Your style of writing is nice. So captivated by your recent posts that I rewound the tape and arrived in here. At this point I felt compelled to stabilize my energy level by giving out some words.

    ReplyDelete